Leisure Activities & Excursions
Lots of different ideas for leisure activities
Would you like to do some travelling during your holiday on Usedom? The island has lots to offer. In addition to our hotel guest programme, there are, of course, many official events and attractions to discover on the island.
Whether you're on a family, activity or discovery holiday, there are lots of things to do on the island. Here are a few suggestions: We will be pleased to offer further tips on reception.
- Europe's largest butterfly farm with free-flight area and doll's house in Trassenheide, open daily from 10.00 hrs
- Natur-Erlebniswelt in Heringsdorf: Aquariums, insect and fossil exhibition, open daily from 10.00 hrs
- Pudagla Forest Ropes Course: 6 different circuits at a height of up to 14 m await both beginners (from 6 years) and daredevils with no fear of heights. Open from April to October (Closed Mondays, open daily July/August)
- Hangar 10, The adventurous world of aviation. Indoor climbing wall, ride and flight simulators, aircraft exhibition, special indoor and outdoor play area for kids; scenic flights over the island of Usedom may also be booked; open from May onwards (closed on Tuesdays)
- 'Kinderland' in Trassenheide: Play park with miniature railway, children's merry-go-round, trampolines, bouncy castle and other attractions; open in summer
For cyclists, the island of Usedom offers almost 200 km of maintained cycleways promising great cycling. This allows you to reach the other resorts or picturesque hinterland conveniently and away from traffic.
Bikes can be hired from the hotel (€8 per day).
eBikes are also available with advance reservation.
You can find other sports activities here.
- A full-day excursion round the island with the hotel's own vintage bus is offered weekly (April – October)
- Island Safari: Adventure trip round the island with a 4x4 jeep, outdoor activity programme and food. Rubber boots will be provided!
- Weiße Düne: Day or evening sailing trips with a top-class 45 m schooner on the Achterwasser lagoon incl. food. Tours are offered from May to September.
- Usedomer Bäderbahn: The UBB railway will take in comfort and car-free to almost all destinations on the island. That way, you can also enjoy the journey to your destination. The train also serves Świnoujście (Poland).